The purpose of the Policy
This policy (together with any other documents we refer to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who we are
“We” or “us” means Farpoint Developments Limited, a registered limited company (number 3272201) whose registered address is The Old Red House Bakery, 90C Walcot Street, Bath, BA1 5BG. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a data controller under number ZA077564.
By contacting us, using our services, or visiting our website (our “site”), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this.
Who this policy applies to
This policy applies to both Service Users and Web Visitors except as otherwise stated for interpretation, the following words have the following meanings:
“Web Visitors” anyone visiting our site.
“Service Users” any recipient of our services, whether it be directly provided by us or indirectly through a third party associate, users of our repair and replacement service (under and inside of warranty), users who purchase goods and services from us, individuals who access our services or purchase our products via a third party site and anyone who submits a job application via our site.
“Services” any assistance we provide to you, including but not limited to; technical support; management; advice, etc.
Information we collect from you
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide if you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you contact us. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, employer, financial information and personal description information about your device(s) and serial numbers.
What we collect
We collect the following categories of data from our staff, customers, clients and suppliers (whether actual or potential):
Age and date of birth
Home and or work address
Bank and credit card details
Telephone number (work, home or mobile)
Technical information about your Website visit
Where you are a current, potential or former employee, worker or other member of our staff, we may collect additional categories of your personal data from you for the purposes of providing you with the necessary benefits under our contract with you.
We consider that all categories of personal data we obtain are proportionate and relevant to the purposes for which they are obtained. However, we review this intermittently and remove any inaccurate or obsolete data.
We use CCTV at some of our premises for the protection of our staff and property, and for the prevention and detection of crime. If you visit us at these premises, your biometric data will be taken during your time on site and this will be stored and retained by us in accordance with our internal data retention policy.
How it is collected
The categories of data listed are collected in the following ways:
When you provide it to us:
- Your personal data is primarily provided to us when you correspond with us by phone or e-mail as part of our business with you. Any of your personal data contained in that correspondence will be retained by us.
- Where you complete any of our forms at one of our events, seminars or presentations, or when attending an exhibition when we are present, any personal data you provide on that form will be retained by us.
- Any personal data you give to us in meetings may also be retained by us.
When we collect it from you:
- As part of our customer or supplier engagement process, we may send you our Trading Account Form or purchase order via email for you to complete and send back to us. This is necessary for us to administer our trading relationship with you and any personal data you give us will be retained by us.
- When you use our Website, we will automatically collect technical information about the device you use to visit, including your IP address, browser type/version and related settings.
- We also monitor your use of our Website. This includes the full URLs, your clickstreams through our Website, the pages you view and how you interact with them and how you leave the Website.
Information we receive from other sources
For Web Visitors and Service Users – We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. The information we receive from these third parties will be information that they have collected from you.
For Service Users only – We may receive information about you from third parties such as your employer. When that data is collected from you, you should be informed by those third parties at that stage, that it may be shared internally by us and combined with data collected from multiple sources. We may receive financial and personal information from third party payment service providers
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- provide you with the service you have requested;
- notify you about changes to our service;
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
For Service Users, we may also use this information to:
- provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about or received from us;
- request feedback of the service you have received;
- provide you with information about goods or services we believe may be of interest to you.
Information we collect about you
Examples of how we will use this information include (but are not limited to);
- to administer our services, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our services, site and premises safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of our service.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we can share your personal information with:
For Service Users only – our suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them to allow us to provide services to you, and only where they are under a duty to deal with your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation. This includes, but is not limited to, our sharing of your personal information with Apple Inc. for the repair service of products under warranty;
For Web Visitors only – analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- For Service Users only – to provide our Services.
Anonymous disclosure of information
For Service Users we may share information in fully anonymised form with the following:
Apple Inc and payment gateway services.
Please rest assured this type of sharing of data will only be in anonymised format and you will not be identifiable from the collated data we disclose.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party. The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), in which case we will make sure that your privacy rights are protected as required by the Data Protection Act.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data and information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will ask for your permission before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. If you have given us permission to disclose information about you to a third party, you may revoke that permission at any time by contacting us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We will not store your data for any longer than is necessary.
For Service Users only – If you are a user of our services, then your information will be held for as long as you continue to use our services.
Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (or any equivalent legislation). Any access request may be subject to a fee of up to £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.